Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati is seeking a CEO. Successful candidates will have proven fundraising experience, connections to Cincinnati businesses and non-profits, and leading a transformation effort. If you know someone with those skills and a passion for social, economic, and environmental justice, please ask them to consider applying for this position. Application instructions follow the description of the responsibilities.
Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati is a partnership of 30 local nonprofit organizations building social and economic equity and a healthy environment in Greater Cincinnati. Community Shares raises awareness and support for its member organizations through workplace giving campaigns, professional enrichment, community education, and a variety of innovative initiatives.
Our charitable member organizations identify and address the root causes of issues affecting our community. They empower those in need through programs that enhance self-reliance, develop affordable housing, protect the environment, build inclusive communities and promote civic involvement and reform.
Community Shares seeks an experienced nonprofit leader as its Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Executive Officer oversees the operations, programs and overall activities of Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati. The CEO reports to the board of directors of the organization. This is a full-time position with the following areas of responsibility:
- Serves as a community advocate for the mission of Community Shares and its member groups in the advancement of social justice, economic justice and a healthy environment.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Community Shares. Manages all legal, financial and reporting obligations required for non-profit corporations.
- Oversees the processes for board member recruitment and development, while working in a team setting with board and related committees to accomplish the goals of the agency’s strategic initiatives.
- Manages member organization relationship, recruits new organizations, researches and develops value-added program and services in support of member organizations, and creates educational opportunities. Ensures all member organizations are achieving mission impact and are financially sound.
- Manages, in collaboration with the board of directors, fundraising efforts and strategies to advance donor prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and retention. Oversees special events planning.
- Manages workplace campaigns; builds and maintains relationships with worksites. Develops initiatives to increase participation to benefit our member organizations.
- Develops and implements effective public relations activities and targeted marketing research and strategies. Oversees Communications Director who manages the social media calendar, networking sites and e-newsletter.
- Provides oversight, leadership and supervision of all staff, volunteers, contractors and vendors.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three – five years’ experience in a professional leadership role, preferably in a nonprofit organization, managing professionals and volunteers within a successful organization.
- Proven abilities to solicit major gifts from varied groups of prospects.
- Proven experience with strategic and operational planning.
- Proven experience with reputation management, public, constituent and donor relations.
- Proven experience with developing and implementing a marketing and/or branding awareness campaign.
- Proven experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to build new programs and meet goals.
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience; $60,000 – $70,000 per year
BENEFITS: Health insurance, vacation leave, sick leave and family leave.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to President at email@example.com. No calls, please. Open until filled. To assure consideration, please apply by June 21.
Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, class, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.