Communications and Marketing Consultant
Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati (CSGC) seeks a professional to bring the story of our positive influence in our region to our donors, partners, members, and stakeholders. The candidate should be social and digital media savvy and enjoy working in an environment that embraces diversity. This position includes marketing & communications, volunteer engagement, and assistance with event planning and fundraising to help achieve the Community Shares vision: to be widely recognized and respected as the leading catalyst in achieving social and economic equity and a healthy environment throughout the region.
Position Title: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: CEO
Job type: Independent Contractor
Compensation: $2,000 monthly
Essential Functional Responsibilities:
- Creates a powerful Community Shares brand experience for all individuals and donors using an empowering and inclusive approach.
- Communicates effectively and passionately to raise awareness and inspire others to act in service to CSGC and the community.
- Builds relationships with key audiences to position CSGC as the leader for social, economic, and environmental justice.
- Clearly communicates CSGC’s value to the community to increase engagement of donors and the community.
- Assists CEO to produce and package promotional products.
- Uses leading edge digital and media technologies that ensure visibility and engagement with a wide variety of constituencies.
- Masterful story teller and skilled communicator using multiple platforms to reach diverse audience in a manner that inspires action.
- Brand and promote CSGC strategies to create positive sentiment and increase awareness.
- Identify important current and future trends in business, politics, and non-profit sector utilizing qualitative and quantitative data to guide marketing strategy development.
- Facilitates effective meetings, conversations, brain storming and ideation.
Essential/Primary Responsibilities/Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Produce and post compelling content for the organization’s website to ensure that the site makes it easy for visitors to give, advocate, or volunteer in support of CSCG’s community goals.
- Provide strategy and content for core CSGC communications including eNewsletters, social media, and the website ensuring the consistency of voice.
- Manage CSGC’s social media presence including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and any other social media platforms deemed relevant.
- Establish effective benchmarks for measuring impact of online and social media programs including but not limited to e News lists, Facebook likes/comments, Twitter followers, etc.
- Track, analyze and create reports on the effectiveness of tools and audiences engaged.
- Develop, implement, and create internal and external marketing strategies to translate complex community challenges and CSGC solutions into reliable and compelling messages to help connect stakeholders with CSGC’s mission through:
- press releases/statements regarding CSGC’s position on community issues
- thank you/solicitation letters, and other miscellaneous correspondence.
- Input on creating and designing marketing materials including: Annual Report, flyers, brochures, posters, invitations, advertisements, banners, direct mail solicitation, and other promotional
- Generate year-round media coverage and awareness of CSGC and its activities utilizing written and visual communications.
- Organize and manage CSGC special events:
- Annual Fundraiser, Giving Tuesday, Annual Appeals, etc.
- Attend local community events for networking as needed.
- Manage existing and new relationships with businesses and organizations supporting CSGC through workplace campaigns. Assist with making corporate calls and presentations to employee groups.
- College Degree in Communications and Marketing or related field
- Experience creating digital media materials: newsletters, emails, brochures, etc.
- Experience in sales, fundraising and resource development preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and show initiative
Please send resume and letter of interest to Michelle Dillingham, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 31st, 2017 at 5pm.