Workplace giving is a way for employees to contribute to charitable organizations at their place of work.
ADVANTAGES FOR EMPLOYERS
- Helps establish a business as a community leader.
- Boosts employee morale. People feel good about contributing to their community.
- Minimizes the demand on your payroll system. Only one deduction per employee needs to be tracked.
- Any size business can participate.
- Campaign materials provided—brochures, pledge forms, speakers, incentives, etc.
- Knowledgeable support staff helps you maximize the campaign at your workplace and minimize interruptions.
- Detailed reporting and tracking of each donor’s contribution is provided.
- Tracking and disbursement of all funds to the selected charities is done by Community Shares.
ADVANTAGES FOR EMPLOYEES
- Gives employees choice in giving and with it the satisfaction of supporting causes close to their hearts.
- Everyone can make a difference. Even $2 a paycheck adds up to a substantial gift over a year.
- Easy way to give back to the community.
- Convenience of making charitable decisions once a year.
- Provides a simple means for employees to budget their contributions each year.
- Efficient and effective way to track annual contributions.
- Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- Contributor can remain anonymous.
- All donors receive a verification letter for their contributions.
- Still allows the opportunity to make a one-time contribution by check, credit card or cash.
Check out our Workplace FAQ’s here!.
ADVANTAGES FOR PARTICIPATING CHARITIES
- Less time is spent fundraising allowing more staff time for programs.
- Financially more efficient than other forms of fundraising so more money goes directly to programming and services.
- Knowing how much has been pledged allows charities to budget more effectively.
- Low-cost way to educate the community about their organization.
- Most employees give more through payroll contribution than can with a one-time gift.
- Collaboration with like-minded charities
If you would like a speaker at your workplace
please contact us!
We can develop a customized giving plan to meet the specific goals of your organization. We can also manage a customizable online giving option.
If you are interested in starting a campaign in your workplace or would like to demo our online giving system please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513.724.4483 (GIVE).